The FumeKiller®, an advanced fume extractor, has revolutionized air pollution control across various industries. Its ability to effectively manage a wide range of emissions, including Oil or Coolant Mist and Welding Fumes, has made it an indispensable tool. We’ll explore its application in a case study involving robotic welding of an excavator’s chassis.
Task at Hand:
In a challenging scenario, our client in the heavy industries sector required a solution to control welding fumes during the automated welding of an excavator’s chassis. Key concerns included:
- Protecting a multitude of sensors within the welding torch housing from fume damage.
- Dealing with the large size of the excavator chassis, especially since welding occurred at height.
- Working within limited floor space, which was further restricted by the need for machine maintenance access.
Addressing these issues required careful consideration in selecting the right fume extractor model, its placement, and fume extraction routing.
After a comprehensive site analysis and collaboration with our design team, we recommended the FumeKiller® model FK3600VEM. This model boasts a 4000 cubic meter per hour suction velocity, is vertically oriented, and includes a 3hp motor and a 3-meter-long self-balanced extractor arm. The FK3600VEM’s vertical design, coupled with its mobility and compact footprint, made it ideal for the restricted space and the high welding point of the chassis.
Why the FK3600VEM with Self-Balanced Extractor Arm:
The FK3600VEM was chosen for several reasons:
- The welding fumes were more intense than those in manual welding, necessitating a robust fume extraction system.
- The long, self-balanced extractor arm provided necessary reach and flexibility.
- The unit’s vertical orientation and mobility facilitated easy movement and adaptation to plant layout changes.
This customized air pollution control solution not only met regulatory compliance but also offered several additional benefits:
- As a filtration unit, the FumeKiller® eliminated the need for expensive ducting installations. Its electrostatic filters capture various particle sizes efficiently, ensuring clean air discharge directly into the shop floor.
- The 3hp motor ensured efficient operation with minimal power consumption, compared to larger motors required for traditional extraction units.
- The durability and efficiency of the electrostatic filters significantly reduced maintenance costs compared to mechanical or HEPA filters.
The effectiveness and reliability of the FumeKiller® led our client to implement this solution in multiple areas. With over 25 years in the industry, the FumeKiller® has proven to be one of the best air pollution control equipment available. Let M/s. Powertech Pollution Controls Pvt. Ltd., backed by a skilled technical team, assist you in meeting your air pollution control needs with our top-notch fume extractors.